How to wash and dry your wig
We recommend washing your wig a minimum of once a month. Washing your wig removes bacteria and refreshes the hair, thereby restoring it to its natural shine and movement.
- Begin to prep the hair by defanging it, starting from the ends and moving downwards to the roots.
- Rinse the hair under lukewarm water by fully submerging it. After wetting it, gentle squeeze out the water and then apply shampoo.
- Take a small amount of shampoo and rub it between your hands before applying it to the wig in stroking motions. Always move your hands in one direction to avoid scrubbing and tangling. We recommend using a sulphate-free shampoo as it will prevent the hair drying.
- To remove the shampoo, run the wig under cool water until the water runs clear, then gently towel blot it.
- Apply a generous amount of conditioner to the hair and gently brush the hair from roots to the ends to untangle it and distribute the conditioner. Leave it on for 1 hour before running the wig under cool water until the water runs clear.
- Towel blot the harm and apply a light hair serum to restore shine and heat protection. Either air dry the wig by putting it on a wig stand or blow dry with a brush.